Key Events is an event and destination management powerhouse, with a client roster as diverse as our programs. As a part of the Host Global Alliance (HGA) Family, the largest destination management company in North America, we create dynamic experiences that distinguish our clients from their competition while meeting their strategic objectives. Our client base is a blend of corporate, association, incentive, and non-profit organizations. Please visit our website for more information on the types of services we provide: www.keyevents.com
We are seeking a motivated, passionate, self-starting and results-oriented professional to join our team. Ideally the candidate is confident, yet humble, flexible, approachable, open to feedback, proactive and has high standards. He/she must be a dynamic and hard-working individual able to concurrently sell special events, meeting services, transportation management services, tour & evening activity programs to meeting and incentive management companies and in-coming corporate & association conventions of 100 – 20,000 attendees.
The power to attract and secure business, as well as, develop relationships and new business opportunities that provide profitable results are critical. This Business Development Manager must be able to work independently and bring:
- Experience in special event operations and destination management, as well as, dealing with all levels of clients
- Integrity with the passion for our industry plus the skill to conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism
- Collaborative skills to lead a project team, while able to multi-task, enjoy working under pressure, and problem solve.
The Business Development Manager is responsible to:
- Develop and execute a personal strategy to grow long term business, achieve assigned sales goals as well as revenue goals.
- Book new business through prospecting, your own leads and existing relationships.
- Creates and maintain relationships with long term customers.
- Identify new lead development resources.
- Identify and monitor opportunities to expand existing accounts.
- Service assigned accounts.
- Manage contract and billing for your clients.
- Self- Manage your sales flow through Salesforce CRM.
- Produce written proposals and sales presentations.
- Maintain and create your own sales tools with approval.
- Lead project teams including members from Creative Services and Operations to produce valuable program solutions for clients based on their requirements.
- Build client budgets Make well-informed
- Ensure that all proposals and other correspondence is correct, proofed, and meets the clients’ needs and budgets.
- Arrange and conduct site inspection for clients fine tuning their program or selecting their DMC.
- The nature of our industry requires working nights and weekends locally and beyond. There will be some travel involved.
- Monitor programs from beginning to end, including onsite.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years as a sales professional in the meeting, event management, DMC, third party or hospitality industry.
- Active participation in professional industry organizations and the local hospitality community is preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Innovative thinking and a creative flare.
- Financial acumen and understanding of pricing models and profit margins.
- Capacity to work within tight timeframes.
- Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Previous use of a CRM, such as Salesforce.
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects at once.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Team oriented focus and problem solving savvy.
- A passion for excellent customer service.
- An eagerness to stay in tune with what’s new and changing.
RESUMES TO: Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com